Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hair color... Resistant gray hair!!!?

Any experienced colorists/hairdressers out there....I am having trouble getting a clients gray to cover. I am using the Matrix Socolor product on her. Should I just let it process longer or will that over process the rest of her hair? I am at a loss here. Thanks



Hair color... Resistant gray hair!!!?

Are you using the SoColor Grey Series (504,505,etc)? If not, that's your problem. Make sure you use the grey series. Grey hair is difficult, it becomes more and more resistant the more chemicals are put into it.



If you are using the grey series. Add a little of neutral (not of the grey series) to the mix. Use a deposit only developer. 20v should work, but 10v is best. DO NOT USE COLOR SYNC!! Color sync is a demi color. It will not cover grey hair.



If you have tried those things mentioned above. Try switching to a different color. Usually clients who have had their hair colored repeatedly will develop a resistant to a brand of color, the same way their hair develops a resistance to anything else.



Let me know if I can help again. I hope this answers your question. I have a yahoo! group for hairstylist around the country - it's cosmoinfo2006 - check it out and see if we can help!!!!



Hair color... Resistant gray hair!!!?

I'm not a hair dresser, but I have the same problem with gray. I leave it on for an hour.



Hair color... Resistant gray hair!!!?

tell them to stay grey why have young hair and an old face age the way we are sopposed to not be fake : )

No comments:

Post a Comment